Wednesday night, Fausto & Felipe take me out to a local bar that's packed. Let me stress two words - WEDNESDAY, and PACKED. I've heard that a caipirinha, the classic Brazilian drink, is like a mojito. I try one. Wow. Nothing like a mojito. It's about 10 times stronger. I have two, which is quite enough for someone who's 5'4".
Our entire team meeting, called TGIF at headquarters, has the same name here but actually takes place on Thursday. I guess TGIT sounds too rebellious. The reason for the change of day is that a lot of people in this office want to leave work early on Friday. Makes sense. Why don't we do this?
At the end of the meeting, they make me do a dance - a tradition for anyone new. I show them the moves the 2-year-old boy I used to babysit for would always do, which just involves squatting halfway down and back up repeatedly. Good thing it wasn't on video.
Thursday, July 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want to see this dance! -ziv
Ah yes, they are great drinks. I'll have to keep drinking them at Bossa Nova until I make it to the real Brazil :)
You forgot to mention the great Picanha and the car accident. It was a intense night!
Post a Comment