The first time Phil & I played tennis, I was a little rusty. I hadn't played in three months. The final score was The Dark Side 7, The Force 3. Last Friday we played again, and I was out for revenge.
Our ball boy helped keep score so they'd be no disputes. Of course, as he didn't speak English, he only told Phil the score, so for all I know Phil could have ignored him. Someone was always watching from beside the court or above from the restaurant, and at one point we had an audience large enough to make me nervous. I didn't do phenomenally, but much better than the last time. We were at an even 5 games each, and it came down to deuce. In the end, Phil took the game to win the set. But we're moving in the right direction, so next time, he better watch out.
The exercise that I really want to do now is snowboarding. The past few days have been very cold, and classical conditioning makes me long for some fresh powder I can sink my Salomon Maiden into. I could travel to Bariloche in Argentina or Portillo in Chile, but there's no worthwhile ski resorts in Brazil. The good news is that if I don't make it to the slopes during this trip, Tahoe will be white with inviting glory soon after I return.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment