I went for a jog in the lush, beautiful Ibirapuera Park with Bibiana, Helio and Helio's wife Risa. We ran around the lagoon as I admired the trees studded with bright orange and cherry-blossom pink flowers. Afterwards, we replenished our systems at a nearby cafe that had this awesome yogurt blended with oranges and strawberries and tasty pao de quexio (balls of cheese bread), a Brazilian staple.
The rest of the day Bibiana (a.k.a . Bibi) and I got our nails done at the salon, watched "The Painted Veil" at the cinema, and found children's books in Portuguese at a Borders-style bookstore. I walked out with 3 winners: Bibi Corta O Cabelo (perfect because Bibiana did just that hours ealier), Esop's Fables (with an activity booklet!), and "Barbie Conhece o Brasil." The final piece of literature is multi-beneficial - language, geographic and local culture education in one.
When I was searching for the children's section of the store, I accidentally asked an employee where the books for little boys are. Oh well. He got the picture. And it wasn't as bad as Bibiana's English mistake in the subway. "Smells like semen," she said, which immediately puzzled me. It took some clarification before I realized she was trying to say "smells like cement."
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm glad it was only cement you guys smelled. i was begining to worry about where you were hanging out...
Post a Comment