Friday, August 17, 2007

One of the Nicest Local Restaurants

Fogo de Chão is a top quality churrascaria, and there's locations in the U.S. as well:

http://www.fogodechao.com/index.htm

On top of the mouthwatering seasoned meats on giant skewers, Fogo de Chão has the best pão de queijo I've had (Brazilian rolls of bread blended with cheese). For an appetizer, we received calabresa (sausage) and chicken hearts. I thought even smelling the chicken hearts was brave enough.

After dinner I talk to my friend from Buenos Aires, Chris, about how I haven't been to the beach here yet. He informs me that there are pesky biting ants at many beaches, but if you take vitamin B-12 (or some B vitamin) there's a detectable scent that repels them. He bought the "vitamin" from the drugstore, which I wanted to take until I read the package. Among its multiple ingredients is stomach mucus. Don't think that would make the menu at Fogo de Chão.

No comments: