Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Dire Need Of A Chiropractor

Yesterday was a proud day. I completed 16 full laps in the heated pool. Breaststroke counts as swimming, right? Sure; legs and arms are moving consistently in water. This may have been the most swimming I've done in 15 years.

I thought I was using the correct form. They taught me in swim school when I was 6 to scrape the giant bowl of cookie dough and then bring it towards your mouth. I scraped! A huge bowl! And my legs moved like a frog's in between the scrapes. What am I missing?

Everything was fine until this morning when I couldn't move my neck in any direction more than 1 inch. It's 7 pm and I still have to turn my entire body around to look at people. I had no idea breaststroke was such a dangerous activity! Next time I'll just do butterfly.

No comments: