I've written before about the viciousness of the treadmills at The Address Cidade Jardim Hotel. My last experience confirmed their capacity for evil. As I was chugging along, minding my own business, the emergency stop jumped off the magnetic circle, trying to propel me forward and injure multiple body parts at once. Fortunately, I was able to stop quicker than the machine expected. Ha! Five minutes later it attacked again, sucking the life out of my i-shuffle battery just as NIN’s “Closer” came on. Then I was pissed.
But I had the last laugh, because I switched hotels and now the treadmills have no company at all. I didn’t change solely because of my rocky relationship with the exercise equipment. There were building-wide problems of slow drains, insufficient insulation, consistently decreasing water pressure, and hideous toilet noises. I also thought it would be great to have a stove for home-cooked meals and freezer for ice cream and pizza.
And so, with the company’s consent, I transferred myself and my belongings (including the 4 tiny packets of salt that the old hotel charged me for) to the Gran Estanconfor Itaim. The hotel is much larger, and better located in the midst of more shopping, restaurants and bars. There is a heated lap pool, two TVs even in the one-bedroom apartment, and real hangers instead of the two-piece kind.
I've already used the treadmill and so far she's very kind. Life at home is good.
Sunday, August 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment