Saturday, January 5, 2008

Get a Visa

You should know that to enter Brazil you need a visa. At least you do if you're from the United States. This is because the U.S. did it to Brazil and pissed off their government. So don't forget to apply for one well in advance. Betsy didn't realize she needed one until less than two weeks before her departure. She raced over to the Brazilian embassy and encountered a very bitchy secretary who asked why she was going to Brazil and where she's staying. When Betsy said just for fun, and she's staying with me, the secretary loooked at her straight in the eye, leaned in, and dared to say, "I don't believe you. I think you're going to work there." Betsy denied it, but became extremely nervous about not getting a visa. She ended up having no problems after that, but they do turn people down often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.